Process to pay Fees on IRIS
Login to your IRIS Account by going to IRIS NITK. The students having no Login credential need to report to the Assistant Registrar (Academic) and CC the mail to Student Council President and MIS Office for their Login ID creation and its activation. Students who have temporarily withdrawn earlier and wants to do course registration during the Even Semester 2018-19, needs to submit Continuation / Joining Order to the MIS Officer for activation of Login Account.
The Fees Payment page is accessible via the following order:
- Go to the IRIS Dashboard after logging in. Click on Fees Payment Icon on the Dashboard.
- The selected Page displays all the “Fee Details”. Click View Fee Details against the category of fees you want to pay.
In case you have not taken a loan follow the following steps to complete fee payment.
Step 1: Verify the Fees to be paid
- Cross check the Fee Amount and if it is correct, kindly proceed towards Payment.
- In case the value is not correct, kindly contact Academic Section and CC to MIS Officer.
- Check if the fees is to be paid in INR or USD. Even if the fee amount is to be paid in USD, students can still use Bill Desk to pay the fee amount in rupees (based on the Dollar Conversion rate set by the Institute).
Step 2: Create a new transaction
The next step is to create a new transaction. Once a new transaction is created, the student will be redirected to Billdesk to complete the payment.
If the payment is successful, kindly click on Generate Receipt, after which a receipt generation will be queued on IRIS itself and a mail will be sent to the Student’s registered Email ID.
In case there is a non successful payment, there can be two cases that can happen.
- In case Money has been deducted from the Student’s account, but is currently not appearing on IRIS, the student has to wait for two-three days for the bank to complete the payment.
- In case Money has not been deducted from the Student’s account, the student is requested to create a new transaction and then continue with the same steps
If students wants to do the transaction in a non INR currency he/she has to choose the desired currency from the list currencies displayed on the IRIS Portal Fee Payment website.
In case the student has taken a loan follow the following steps
- Click on the Loan button which appears on the Fee Payment Portal.
- An undertaking will appear which has to be signed by the student.
In case a student falsely signs the Undertaking, the Institute has the power to levy a heavy fine on the Student as per the Institute Guidelines.
Duration of Fee Payment
Institute’s Fee payment for the Even Semester 2018-19 will commence from December 2, 2018 onward till December 27, 2018 (Thursday) without Fine. Prescribed fine as per the Institute rule will be charged after last date of fee payment i.e., December 27, 2018.
Guidelines on Registration with fine
Schedule of academic activities for Even Semester of the academic year 2018-19 including Dates of Registration is mentioned in the academic calendar. Physical presence of the students is a must on the day of registration. However, keeping in view exceptional circumstances, provisions have been given for Registration with fine. A students seeking Registration with Fine must complete the entire process of late Registration within last date of Registration including obtaining Medical Certificate from Resident Medical Officer of the Institute (if late on Medical Background), reporting to the Academic Section for obtaining permission from Dean Academics for late Registration and payment of Registration Fee with fine.
Registration Fee for backlog subjects
All students having FF/FA in courses beyond normal duration of the programme, i.e. after 4 years of B. Tech, 2 years of M Tech, MBA, MSc and 3 years of MCA programme, have to register for the courses on payment of Registration Fee @ Rs 3000 per backlog course.
Transaction Fee to be charged to the customers (INR Transaction)
|Sr. No.||Type Of Transaction Transaction||Processing Fee||Transaction Charges to be charged to the Customers|
|1.||Credit Cards Transaction processing Fee – (Visa/Master/Rupay)||-||1.20% of the value of the transaction|
|2.||Debit Cards Transaction processing Fee – (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.90%||0% of the value of the transaction above Rs 1000.00 and upto Rs 2000.00 and 0.90% of the value of the transaction above Rs 2000.00|
|3.||NetBanking||-||Rs 17.00 per transaction for ( ICICI/HDFC/AXIS/SBI) Rs 10.00 per transaction for other banks except (ICICI/SBI/AXIS/HDFC)|
|4.||IMPS||-||Rs 10.00 per transaction|
Terms of Payment (INR Transaction)
- Subject to a minimum of Rs 10.00 per transaction for all Card transaction.
- Service Tax and other tax / taxes if any applicable, will be charged in addition.
- Ensure that College Fees is paid before paying Hostel Fees.
- Terms of Service for the Billdesk Service can be found here.