Now you can book any room in 5 simple steps:
Go to ‘Infrastructure Booking’ from your IRIS dashboard:
Here you can see existing bookings made by you:
In Locations menu, you can see all the available locations in NITK. You can click view to see the rooms available in that location:
- You can check the Booking Schedule to check the availability of that room:
- Green color shows approved bookings
- Yellow color shows bookings for which confirmation is awaited
- You can make booking request for slots with yellow color without any issues, and approving authority will decide whom to allot the room.
- For slots with green color, you’ll be shown such warning after making the booking request:
- Your request will still be sent to the forwarding/approving authority and they will decide whether to supersede your request. The decision of the concerned authorities will be final in such cases.
- Now Make a Booking according to your needs.
- Also, if the booking is for official purpose (requires forwarding from HoD or any other authority before approval) , attach the required document in the form.
- Here book as role is applicable to people who have multiple roles, for example Club Convenor and Student or HoD and Faculty. (Only particular types of roles are eligible for a given room, as decided by the authority in-charge).
- In case your request overlaps with already approved booking, you’ll get warning as explained above, you can cancel the booking and rebook at another time slot to avoid the clash.
- Please note that bookings once made can only be cancelled and cannot be edited.
- That’s all from your end! You can check the status of approval from ‘My Bookings’ anytime.
In case you are not allowed to make a booking by default or you don’t have an IRIS Account (eg Alumni), please contact the concerned person in-charge for that room, they’ll help you with the booking process
NOTE:Please note that the approval lies in the hand of the concerned authority (approver for that particular room). IRIS only acts as a bridge between the two